[TowerTalk] Sealing feed point connection on yagi

Benson,M Stokley BENSONMS at apci.com
Fri Oct 10 10:02:53 EDT 2003

Hello TT'ers,
I'm installing a WARC-band yagi and have everything just about finished except I'm wondering what (if anything) to do about sealing the connection between the coax balun (tinned copper eyelets soldered to the coax braid and center conductor) and the SS bolts on the driven element.  Is anything gained by wrapping the feed point connection in cold fusion tape and covering with 3M electrical tape or just leaving it bare?  The balun is very well sealed so I'm not worried about water getting into it.
73 / Stokley, W3SB

+