[TowerTalk] 4 Square Dipole array: VSWR issue, has anyone modeled it?

D. Rodman, MD rodman at buffalo.edu
Sat Oct 11 22:37:34 EDT 2003

I put up a single dipole for a proposed 4 Square dipole array.  Top about
135' and 3-4 ft away from top of tower and bottom is about 40'  I did not
feed the RG8X towards tower, but let it dangle and got best VSWR about 1.7
at intended freq.  Dipole fed with W2DU balun, hot side up and each leg
was 63' long.  I will probably string coax perpendicular to tower and try
to remeasure tomorrow.  I have lots of antennas on tower, including 40 m
yagi at 140' and three 10 meter beams below.  Anyone modeled this?  Anyone
have hints on how to bring the VSWR down?  73, Dave.

David J. Rodman, MD

Assistant Clinical Professor
Department of Ophthalmology

Research Assistant Professor