[TowerTalk] Parking the beam

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Oct 12 20:47:50 EDT 2003

At 02:17 PM 10/12/03 -0700, David Cook wrote:
>In my QTH here in Seattle, the prevailing wind is due SW, so parking the
>beam at 320 degrees is the perfect spot. Thanks for all the comments on this
>question and I hope my results are helpful to others.

It depends on your antenna, and whether it has more area head on or
sideways to the wind gusts.  You can't avoid doing the math, I'm afraid.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 3.
2440 stations are listed -- 104 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm