[TowerTalk] Lubricating Cable

Gary R. n6lrv at arrl.net
Tue Oct 14 07:22:43 EDT 2003

using a galvanized cable is the preferred method in my neck of the woods. The zinc coating not only resists corrosion but also acts as a lubricant in those areas where the cable makes
contact with other hardware. Using an oil will cause blowing dust and dirt to stick to the cable which will eventually clog up the winch and pulleys in my experience so I prefer to keep my
cables dry.
73,
Gary