[TowerTalk] 5el-20m KLM monobander-High SWR

DF3KV at aol.com DF3KV at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 14:06:15 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I also have a problem with such antenna:

This one I mounted today to the side of my steel-lattice tower with
32" face.
This raised the SWR within the band and put its resonance to
14480Kc (lowest SWR 1.1),.
Before, with  a rotable pipe mast on the other tower the antenna was in tune.

When I retuned the two driven elements I was limited by the length of the
tubing,
so lowest possible resonance occurs now  at 14360kc.

Since I guess that this shortening effect is caused by capacitive loading of
the element center by the tower itself, I wonder if using a small coil at the
center
of the two driven elements would cancel it effectively, hopefully not raising
the
feedpoint impedance.

Any ideas will be appreciated

73