[TowerTalk] Using 3" Copper strap

Mark Beckwith mark at concertart.com
Sat Oct 18 07:34:48 EDT 2003

> Being a REAL cheap sob

This post got my attention.  I have 15 ground rods to do.  N5OT is
definitely living on borrowed time at this point.

>I placed my copper strip into the kerf and then drilled to holes through
the
>rod, copper, and other side of the rod and used brass screws, washers and
>nuts.

> After the first couple, I made myself a jig...[snip]

Any sense of the pros/cons of this approach from the ground gurus?  if it's
a copper clad ground rod, then isn't the bulk of the contact area NOT
copperskin-to-copperskin?  Would this be a problem (my guess-yes-but I'm
only an amateur).

JERRY, how do you weatherize this after you've done it?

Mark, N5OT