[TowerTalk] Re: Using 3" Copper strap

James jameswarren at swbell.net
Mon Oct 20 03:04:07 EDT 2003

While installing the grounding wires for a cellular
site, it was required to use anti-oxidant compound
on the mechanical connections - squirt a little of
the grease between the ground wire's crimp lug and
mounting hardware.

Now here's something I just discovered. I was pulling
up some raised computer floor tiles and there was a
criss-crossed grid of heavy gage copper wire attached
to several of the floor supports. The threads of the
floor supports that had the ground wire attached had
a thick copper laden grease to improve conductivity.

I suppose you could find a supplier of computer floor
tiles and ask for details.