[TowerTalk] B&W Folded Dipoles Recommended?

Doug Rehman rehman at surveil.com
Tue Oct 21 12:41:21 EDT 2003

About 10 years ago, I built an HF communications system for the state law
enforcement agency I was working for in Florida. We had frequencies
scattered from 6 MHz to 13 MHz and the equipment was to be operated by
dispatchers with little radio knowledge. The B&W antennas worked very well;
the SWR was under 2:1 across the entire range we operated on. Coupling the
B&W's with Yaesu FT-80 radios (commercial version of the FT-747) made a very
simple and reliable system.

In addition to the B&W's, I had Mosley 40M dipoles (tuned above the 40M
band) up at some of the locations. As I recall, the Mosley's slightly
outperformed the B&W's, but the B&W performed adequately on a wide range of
frequencies.

Doug
K4DDR