[TowerTalk] Site Grounding (Original)

WarrenWolff at aol.com WarrenWolff at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 01:22:00 EDT 2003

Hi to list:

I appreciate all of your responses and candidate solutions to my question for
grounding.  My primary reason for this ground was to maximize ground exposure
at minimum effort.  I was thinking about lighning protection, primarily.

With my property boundary being dug to some great depths to support VERY
strong walls, I figured it was a good opportunity to stcik some copper in bottom
of the trenches.  Seems it is
better to use lots of  "radials" to diminsh current density.

The wall contractor is ready to start any moment; so it seems I should hustle
my lil tail and find some long lengths of plumber's copper tubing---good
surface area and maybe no joints.  If I don't make a quick move, the trenches will
be filled with concrete.  This long length with periodic copper rods should
work as an adjunct to the radials near base of the towers.  Just a little extra
is worth the minimal cost.

Regards,  Warren