[TowerTalk] 20/40 SLOPER

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Oct 27 10:45:49 EST 2003

At 07:36 AM 10/27/03 -0800, K3ND wrote:
>The top of the sloper would be
>about 15FT below the 40M yagi. Also thought of making
>the sloper dual band (40 & 20). Anyone already done
>this? Comments?

My only empirical experience was with my top guys, which were not resonant
on 40 but were roughly the same distance from my 40m yagi.  When those guys
were steel and grounded, the yagi was a dog; when I replaced them with
Phillystran, the 40m antenna "woke up."  No gross interaction effects were
visible - no change in VSWR, for example - but something was happening.

I wouldn't chance it.  I'd sooner put up an all-band vertical further away
from your tower and use that.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 3.
2440 stations are listed -- 104 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm