[TowerTalk] towers on Mercer Island

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at comcast.net
Wed Sep 3 00:55:43 EDT 2003

You guys on Mercer Island need to get the hell together,
and stop communicating on the reflector.  Not that I (we?)
don't want to see your wrangling...but it's a lousy way
to prosecute your battle.

Get a volunteer counsel involved...and decide on your
strategy.  Move from there.

I really, seriously doubt that any community...even one
as affluent as Mercer Island...can afford to piss away
taxpayers money on a federal lawsuit which they'll lose.

Decide on a serious proposal. Build relationships with
professional staff. Let them know by your tone and actions
that you're a serious bunch of taxpayers with a valid and
serious intent...by your intelligence, articulation, and
posture, they'll know you could become politically serious,
as well.

If you waffle around with this, you will be treated
as lightweights.

And above all else, do NOT adopt a defeatist attitude
beforehand.  Of COURSE they'll approve a reasonably engineered
application for reasonable accomodation.  They're REQUIRED to do
so by federal law.  It's only a matter of time and cost.  The
cost can be theirs; do not let them work time against you.
It's on your side, if you use it.

I'll stop ranting, now.  Contact me off reflector if you want
further comment.  Good luck.

Jim N2EA