[TowerTalk] UHF

Mel Martin ve2dc at rac.ca
Fri Sep 5 12:19:39 EDT 2003

I believe they are rated the same as BNC connectors... 500W... but I've used
them with high power for 30 years without a failure... I also used a Waters
wattmeter for years at high power... and it used BNC connectors...

I remember "demonstrating" my new amp to a friend... as I cranked it up...
around 2200W there was a flash outside as the trap in my dipole exploded and
my SWR protection circuit tripped... but the BNC connectors in line were
fine!  So, as far as I'm concerned, they are good for 2200W at least ;-)

Seriously though, there might be a problem with high continuos power... if
any heat is generated, it might take the temper out of the spring
contacts...

Message: 11

Hi All,
I was told that "N" connectors fail at full legal power levels.
Is this true? What is your experience?
Thanks.
73! Vitaly (VE6JO)