[TowerTalk] Source for AB-577

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Fri Sep 5 16:38:39 EDT 2003

I have had an AB-577 here in Florida with a dipole (double size
G5RV) only on the top for about two years.  The bottom two sets
of guy wires (top of the launcher and about 27') are installed
but I have nothing other than the wire at the top.  I put it up
"for a few days" to test the antenna ... but circumstances
intervened.

If one were able to attach insulators to the top guying assembly
and install two dipoles at right angles, a bracketed installation
might work.  However, one would want to install in absolutely
calm weather and use the "launcher."  AB-577 mast absolutely can
not be "walked up."  The size of the "launcher" would require a
fairly large overhang (or very deep bracket) in a bracketed
configuration.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK