[TowerTalk] A Better Rope?

Eric Rosenberg wd3q at starpower.net
Mon Sep 8 04:13:58 EDT 2003

My Synthetic Textiles dacron rope is losing its cover (the black
sheath) from rubbing in the trees.  While the first run lasted a couple
of years, this time I got only 6 months use.  Admittedy, the number of
days of  rain, high winds and otherwise miserable weather has been
considerably worse this year than in the past.

The trees are tall (70-100 ft), and it's impossible to get near where
the ropes cross the branches.

Can anyne on TT recommend a rope with a strong outer sheath?

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC