Fw: [TowerTalk] mother nature's large scale wind tunnel test

RICHARD BOYD ke3q at msn.com
Thu Sep 18 09:59:41 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: RICHARD BOYD
To: towertalk at contesting.com ; Jim Spears
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] mother nature's large scale wind tunnel test

Right, as I've been watching the projected storm track, I see it's aimed right at N4AF (ex-K4PQL), who was on the southeast or south side of Raleigh-Durham until a few years ago when he moved further SE toward the coast -- marsh, "sounds," etc. -- he's right near the coast.  And I think storms did a lot of damage to his station a couple or three years ago too.  I expect he rebuilt it stronger.  Then again, if you have trees near guys and they fall over onto the guys, the tower tends to come down "regardless."  Maybe there are no trees near the towers this time.  73 - Rich, KE3Q