[TowerTalk] T2X Control Box Creating RFI

Dan Levin djl at andlev.com
Thu Sep 18 15:30:25 EDT 2003

I vaguely recall a thread on this in the past, so
my apologies if this is a repeat.  I can't find
the old thread in the archives...

I have recently isolated my rotor controller box
as the source of a long standing "feedback" problem
in my shack.  When the rotor controller is connected
to the rotor, and the antennas are pointed in certain
directions, I get a "roar" on my transmitted audio
if I transmit with more than a certain amount of
power.

The amount of power depends on the directions that the
antennas are pointed in (big surprise).  If the rotor
controller is not connected to the rotor, the noise
goes away.  The controller is a standard Hy-Gain
Tailtwister controller.

Does anyone have experience with such a problem,
and hopefully a recommended solution.  Please be
specific, my technical expertise in this area is
less than might be desired :-)

Thanks much!

                  ***dan, K6IF

See you all in the California QSO Party,
October 4-5!

                  ***dan