[TowerTalk] Towers/ Antennas for sale

Russ Ellsworth erg6 at qwest.net
Fri Sep 19 16:55:33 EDT 2003

I have for sale in Boise the following items. The towers are standing
and the antennas are still in place. I would prefer not to take them
down until someone wants them to minimize the chance of damage on the
ground.

1 Tri-ex HS-588 crankup, Heavy Duty Tower, 88 Ft. Tall, 22 ft tall
nested.

1 Tri-ex HS 6105 crankup, Heavy Duty Tower, 105 Ft. tall, 22'-6" nested

2 Telex/Hygain Model T2X Rotators with control boxes

Installed on these towers are the following antennas;

1 Cushcraft Model 40-2CD, 2 Element 40 meter yagi

1 Cushcraft Model A3WS Duobander for 12/17 meters

1 KLM Model KT34XA Tribander for 10-15-20 meters

The towers originally came from the NK7U contest station in Baker,
Oregon and are very heavy duty indeed. The shorter one weighs 760 pounds
and the larger one 1070 pounds. Worm gear winches are used to raise both
of them and a fixture (homemade) is available to use with a variable
speed "Hole Hog" drill. There is also a handcrank that is removable.

The towers come with masts,guy wires, insulators, forged turnbuckles and
equalizer plates. Compete factory documentation is available for both
towers with detail on concrete requirements etc. There are cable
standoff bars for both towers.

The sections of tower are latched in place as they are raised, unlatched
as they are lowered. Crank up or down is entirely supported...no "wet
noodle" effect. The latches are large, strong and positive. One of the
guys for each section is attached to the latch and lowering the tower
requires dropping that guy to un-latch. Very secure indeed. I don't
recommend climbing these towers while raised but I have done it and Joe
Rudi, NK7U has also.

The antennas and towers are in very good condition. I can elaborate
further for anyone interested.

The package price is $4000 for all. You are responsible for the trailer
to haul it away and the boom truck to put the nested towers on the
trailer. I have volunteers to help us take them down.

Call me at 208-362-3927 or e-mail

Russell G. Ellsworth, WA6CWV
Boise, Idaho