[TowerTalk] Tower Refurb Question

Scott Holisky sholisky at tpt.org
Mon Sep 22 23:59:53 EDT 2003

Hi Kelley -
                 I asked the local tower crew on painting my 25G sections. They recommended a paint from Gulf Coast Paint. It's "MCU-100 Moisture Cured Urethane Aluminum".

Bought a quart. Looks like I'll make all 6 sections with a bit left over. The stuff goes on quickly and bonds like it was there from the beginning.

Don't have any first hand experience with how long it will last, but I was told it is top drawer. (add a few stories, etc...) I know the Nylox wheel won't buff it off.

GL - Scott N0AR Vadnais Heights, MN

 The tower has some surface rust on
it that I'd like to deal with. Someone told me there is some kind of
material that I can spray or paint on that bonds with the rust to create a
paintable surface. Anyone know what that is? Any other ideas for dealing
with the rust?

Thanks,

Kelley -- WØRK