[TowerTalk] Gotham etc. nostalgia

Jon, W4ZW w4zw at comcast.net
Wed Sep 24 15:48:34 EDT 2003

I remember Gotham well since my neighbor, Danny K4ZRA, in Owensboro, KY,
was the "cover ham" for the Gotham ads.  His dad had installed the
Gotham on the top of a telephone pole in their back yard and it was a
great ground plane.  It helped that Danny was on the air almost non-stop
when he wasn't in school.  I think he ran a DX-35 because his was rig
clicky and my Globe Chief wasn't.

The DX was good then without all the noise of today's environment,
especially since just about the highest power around was from the Viking
II's.  Of course, it was always great then because you were a  kid.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW (ex-K4HHG)
Casey Key Island, FL

"A little bit of Paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"