[TowerTalk] OWL?

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 13:45:51 EDT 2003

TT:

I'm looking for a source of flexible open wire line, or of
components to make same.  Ideas sought.

Radioworks has a line made from #14 stranded copper-clad.
That's a possibility, requiring no work.

They also sell #12 superweave, which has 259 strands, and is
insulated with PE.  I use this for antennas.  It's great to work
with, and very robust.  Contemplating use of same for OWL...
but would need to find spacers, to make it up.

Then comes the questions about spacing/line impedance/visual and
wind profiles.  I've always wondered about losses in ladder line,
where 20% of the line is solid PE spacer.  What happens when this
stuff is run at high vswr?

Jim/n2ea