[TowerTalk] Penetrox

R March n7ua at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 2 13:13:00 EDT 2004

I'm rebuilding some of my old antennas and I have a question.  What is the best media to use at the bean element AL telescoping joints to (a) assure they will later be able to be seperated and (b) assure long term RF conductivity through the joint.  KLM used to provide a  Penetrox like material that had what appeared to be some copper embedded in it.  I have heard reports that this caused corrosion and eventually was a disaster (purely anecdotal info).  Will ordinary Penetrox work, the kind used in AL wiring joints?  Does anyone have an opinion on this?  Thanks,  Bob   N7UA