[BULK] - [TowerTalk] Penetrox

Gene Smar ersmar at comcast.net
Mon Aug 2 13:26:45 EDT 2004

Bob:

     There have been numerous postings on this subject previously.  You can
check through the archives.

     Two points that I like to emphasize (which I learned on TowerTalk) are:
1.   Be very stingy when applying the NoAlOx or whatever to the aluminum
joints.  A thin layer is sufficient.
2.   First clean the joint (inside and outside tubing) with one piece of
Scotchbrite pad (NOT steel wool) and rub in the NoAlOx with a second piece.
You will keep the oxide material from the first pad out of the cleaned joint
by using separate pads.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F