[TowerTalk] Vertical in a tree

Jim Miller JimMiller at STL-Online.Net
Wed Aug 4 12:57:47 EDT 2004

I am thinking of dragging a 2 meter collinear vertical up in a tree.  I am under CC&Rs like many of us and just cannot make out some of the group on simplex that I like to frequent using the vertical or the 4 elt beam or 5 elt quad in the attic.  The tree would be somewhat higher than the attic and the antenna would be camouflaged by the tree.

My questions concern suspension and "insulation".  The main portion of the antenna is wrapped with something except for the stinger.  I would probably need to insulate the stinger at least from branches but how?  Electrical tape, neoprene tubing?

What about suspension?  Egg insulator at the tip with nylon cord somewhat like a wire antenna then insulator to suspension cord?

Thanks es 73, de Jim KG0KP