[TowerTalk] Lightning protection

Bill Aycock baycock at direcway.com
Wed Aug 4 18:10:10 EDT 2004

Two comments from experience. Underground utilities are NOT a guarantee. I
lost a computer and a phone to a hit that was to phone equipment over a
mile away, with underground service to my house over that distance.
When I was on the local water board, I learned that most waterline repairs
are to fix lightning damage to underground plastic pipes. This came home to
me in 1990 when a hit in my yard, punched two holes in a plastic water line.