[TowerTalk] AB-105 Diagonal

kr7x at comcast.net kr7x at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 17:41:35 EDT 2004

Hello TowerTalkians:

I need a favor from the list:

I'm in the process of determing the capacity of and AB-105 tower for a building permit. I have a copy of the old TM for the AB-105 but the cross-sectional shape and dimensions of the diagonal members is called out  2 different ways with different dimensions.

I can determine that it is 13 ga. but the cross-sectional shape and dimensions are in conflict. Could a owner of such a tower please measure the diagonals for me. I need verification of the thickness and the dimensions. Is the shape stamped into a V , or an L or a U or what? A sketch would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Lonberg Design Group, Ltd.

Hank Lonberg, P.E., S.E.