[TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX 48

Gene Smar ersmar at comcast.net
Sat Aug 14 11:39:34 EDT 2004

Tom:

      I believe the HBX tower series used a couple of bolts at the base as a
hinge to erect the tower.  If the antennas have been removed, or if the
antennas are not massive (V/UHF, small tribander) you might consider
swinging the tower to the ground on the hinges, using a block and tackle
anchored to a tree, the house, etc.

     I would be careful about climbing that thing.  If the tower is old, the
aluminum rivets in the attachment points of the cross braces are likely
weakened by corrosion and might not support a man's weight.

GL es 73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F