[TowerTalk] review of calculations requested

Mark - AA6DX aa6dx at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 20 19:04:32 EDT 2004

Jim .. I like your idear for temp portable .. butcha gotta remember a 3000
lb vehicle does not have 3000 lbs  on the rear wheels .. so, I propose this
.. think about it ......
Put a  .. say 1Ø foot .. "pull up" pole, mounted 90 deg from the vertical
mast, near the base.  This would enable the mast to be raised at full
height, or at least the upper sections erect... so easier to raise... you
THEN hoist it up using this device.  Conveniently, you have a very simple
apparatus which the front wheel(s) have driven upon, with a clamp of some
sort that will hold this lever DOWN ..  .. and become part of the overall
stabilization!  You also gain the effect of having the front wheel weight as
part of the system!  You could hold this hoister in a semi-erect position
with a lightweight chain, or rope, to facilitate installing the antenna ...
vert, yagi, quad, whatever .. HEY!  Are we partners, or what!  I had a
patent attorney years ago, bet he would help us!  (W6OAT) .. 73, Mark ..
AA6DX
(NOTE:  THIS ANTENNA DEVICE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN WINDS OVER 2Ø MPH!)
Say .. 35 feet
aa6dx at arrl.net
http://home.pacbell.net/aa6dx