[TowerTalk] antenna height vs hassle

Tower (K8RI) tower at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Aug 23 11:58:09 EDT 2004

I rented a small back hoe with an operator for a day. He dug three guy
anchor holes and carried concrete.  Total cost $350 for the day.

We did have to reseed part of the back and north yards.  I think we almost
lost the ready mix truck on the north side.  It took two truck loads of dirt
and a scraper on the other end of the tractor hauling the back hoe.

BTW, we rigged a long pole to the front bucket and he used that to cary the
16' X 5" steel pipe to the holes once the forms were in. Each of those were
over 300#

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com