[TowerTalk] wires in quad driven element

J.Hector Garcia M Hector at telecom1.net
Mon Aug 23 17:59:50 EDT 2004

TT's:

I start building  one of the 2 quads that will remplace my monobands 10-15-20m,   i still thinking how to support in the spreaders the wires in  the driven element , this one is the most inportant for me, i want to  support the wires with out make holes in the spreader, increase electrical length with metal clamps or wires to attach in a strong way the wires ,  and can resist power around legal limit (most important) or more when the swr increase  in the band limits or during a contest  running power

i will apreciate an advice, followin this 4 parameters :
no holes in spreader , not metallic , hi power resistan  and small weight.   just for the driver  or if this is practical  i will add to all the other elements.
i was thinking in  delrin insulators like the ones used in 2m yagis, but i have  no idea how much power can handle , glued with resin to the driver  .

tnx in advance