[TowerTalk] My Tower cost

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 24 19:29:05 EDT 2004

At 04:06 PM 8/24/2004 -0500, Blake Bowers wrote:
> > >about.  Your local ordinances or county or whatever may not require a
> > >tower permit but virtually all counties in the US require a permit
> > >whenever you pour structural concrete.  And tower bases are structural
>
>I would be very careful with this comment.  Most of the counties
>in KS, MO, AR, NE, IA, TX, OK, and many more require no
>permits of any kind for a tower base, as well as a tower.

Actually, that was KB9CRY's comment...

I'd venture to guess that there's huge variability in regulatory
requirements.  In Southern California, where I live, there's not only
county, but often, city requirements (not to mention CC&Rs, but they rarely
regulate structural issues).

In Thousand Oaks, just digging the hole might require a permit, if you're
moving enough dirt. (if Excavation is greater than 2 feet at grade..)(and
of course, Thousand Oaks as a $685 fee for a free standing ham radio tower;
all or a portion thereof maybe waived or reduced in order to avoid a cost
prohibitive impact on applicant) (i.e. PRB-1)