[TowerTalk] Non-hams on TT

Bgsalesmel at cs.com Bgsalesmel at cs.com
Wed Aug 25 14:32:24 EDT 2004

Interesting observation - perhaps we have some % of "stealth hams" involved
AND, just maybe, we have some new/wonderlings to the hobby we call Ham
Radio....just "looking" at the moment but thinking about doing something in the radio
world. Perhaps some of them are overseas and have an entire different set of
rules and circumstances to contend with...

What this made me think about was the "family of friends" or loose fraternity
we are existing within - scattered across this planet. Perhaps what we "say"
to each other via e-mails' will influence some of these directly or indirectly
to take the next step towards their ticket. When they see this free exchange
of info and ideas - with helping hands involved - they will figure out that we
are not just "mad science mongers" frying the ozone. I know that I have
learned a bunch being on this reflector over the years and have been able to help
some of my local ham friends make good choices because of it.

Thanks for the bandwidth and thanks for being here... 73, Mel KD7DCR

<snip> original msg.