[TowerTalk] Need quad dimensions

Daniel Hileman n9wx at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 17:27:48 EDT 2004

Hi Richard

Here's a good place to start:
Element lenths
1005/Freq for Driven element.
+ 3% (1005/Frequency + 3%)  of that for your reflector
-3% for 1st director
-6% for 2nd director

Element Spacing:
18% of wave-length spacing between ref and Driven,
15% between each of the directors.
So, overall boom should be 48% of total wavelength. Other spacings can be
used but these seem to work pretty well.

Oh, here's the spreader formula I was given that works well.
        Qquare root of:    ¼ side x ¼ side / 2
        Then that answer  x  2   +  1”

Hope that helps.

73,