[TowerTalk] Antennas for Sale - Houston Area

Larry Burke WI5A burkelj at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 28 17:57:28 EDT 2004

I'm moving to Ohio into a neighborhood that does not allow towers and
antennas. I'm in the process of taking down the station and have the
following to sell. Buyer must pick up. All are or will be (with any luck)
off the tower by the end of next weekend.

KLM 20M-5 20 meter 5 element monobander. On the tower since 1998, purchased
new for $730. Bent one side of one element on the way down. Buyer may need
to replace a U-bolt or two, but other than that it's in great shape. Played
well. Mechanically this thing has a 42 ft boom and weighs 65 lbs. Boom and
elements are still assembled and on the ground; elements have been removed
from the boom. Includes manual

KLM 15M-6 15 meter 6 element monobander. Still on the tower, but hope to
have it down next weekend. Since it is smaller, I also hope to avoid the
trees on the way down! Same general comments as the 20M monobander.
Purchased new for $590.

KLM 10M-6 10 meter 6 element monobander. Still on the tower, same general
comments as 20M and 15M antennas. Purchased new for $370.

Force 12 WARC-7 Yagi. Covers 30, 17 and 12 meters. Purchased for $850. Broke
tip of one element on way down and needs a few miscellaneous parts, mainly
the linear loading wire and studs. This one's on the ground now. Manual
included.

My QTH is just south of Houston off of IH-45 on the way to Galveston. Make
me an offer if you are interested in any of these.

I'll be away from this e-mail address Monday through Thursday of next week,
but will reply when I return.

The advice over the years from TowerTalkians has helped me get these up,
keep them up and take them down with minimal effort. Thanks to everyone for
their contribution of time and knowledge!

Larry Burke WI5A
Friendswood, TX