[TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor

Tom Anderson WW5L at gte.net
Mon Aug 30 14:20:40 EDT 2004

Roger:

Thanks for the reply.  I too am a fan of direct connections, but several
persons I talked to around the Dallas/Fort Worth area persuaded me to
use quick disconnects because its much easier to get the rotor off the
tower when you don 't have to undo eight little screws.  Also with as
much lightning as we get here I like to have a quick way of
disconnecting everything at the station, besides the grounding.

Yes everything worked fine after Norm rebuilt it.  It started
malfuctioning a few  weeks ago when I started getting some wild needle
swings.  Nothing was changed prior to the problem.

My next step is to crank the tower down, rent a scissors lift and take
the box up to the disconnect on the rotor, which I tested after
recabling everything several months ago.

Tom, WW5L