[TowerTalk] Re: Ham IV rotor

john.brewer at us.schneider-electric.com john.brewer at us.schneider-electric.com
Mon Aug 30 15:00:48 EDT 2004

Hi Tom,

My HamIV was a Ebay special (...which  didn't work. Imagine that!). Norm  did mine too, and
it's been trouble free.  My Rotor cable is nothing special and the run is over 100'. I've not
had the least bit of problem with it, even with "marginal" wire gauge for the length of run.

I'd be tempted to check the interconnect both at the control box (and more likely)
at the base of the rotor. Don't know if you have the screw terminals or the Molex-type
connector, but check those carefully.

The indicator is a pretty simple circuit, so there's only a limited number of things that
could go wrong! (Famous last words!)

Good luck and let us know what you find
John K5MO