[TowerTalk] elevated short vertical dipole or quarterwave monopole?

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Thu Dec 2 20:53:47 EST 2004

Tom,

Are you saying that it is not possible to decouple with a coaxial sleeve
such as is commonly used on VHF or UHF collinear antennas ? It was used
for many years quite successfully as a quarter wave VHF sleeve decoupled
mobile antenna by Bell telephone. Or are you referring only to a
vertical dipole sleeve antenna that is mounted close to the ground?

73
Gary  K4FMX