[TowerTalk] Ground Radials Insulated or Not

ersmar at comcast.net ersmar at comcast.net
Mon Dec 6 09:45:04 EST 2004

Chuck:

     I'd go with the insulated wire for a few good reasons:
1.   It's cheaper as you said;
2.   It'll last longer due to the protection the insulation offers the metallic conductor;
3.   It's cheaper;
4.   I haven't read anything that proves definitively that bare wire in direct contact with earth is a better radial than an insulated wire.

     Besdies, the insulated stuff is cheaper.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F