[TowerTalk] Ground Radials Insulated or Not

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Mon Dec 6 23:08:54 EST 2004

Hi John,

Don't know what the modeling programs say about it but I can tell you
that although it may sound like an impressive ground it is not.
It gets too long and the inductance gets too high to be as effective as
it may seem it would be. You need other grounds in addition. For rf or
lightning you need more ground rods or radials.

73
Gary  K4FMX