[TowerTalk] Was antenna modeling

R. Kevin Stover rkstover at mchsi.com
Wed Dec 8 13:35:01 EST 2004

Hi again.

Thanks to all who've replied so far, especially those who advised not to
dump the 4el SteppIR as an alternative. I really love the idea of that
beam. Anyone here have the factory default dimensions for the SteppIR
for midband segments that they would like to share? I can get the
element spacing from the manual. I do have the dimensions for the XM240.

I'll deal with 160m after the models for the beams are done. It'll be
easy enough to add some toploading to the tower in the form of wire if I
find I need to. MMANA has a pretty good model of a 160m vertical in it
and gives me a pretty good starting point.

Thanks.

--
R. Kevin Stover, ACØH