[TowerTalk] How do ferrite cores affect the length of a phasing line?

David J Rodman MD rodman at buffalo.edu
Fri Dec 17 20:37:51 EST 2004

Hi, I need to troubleshoot my 4Square.  One of my dipoles probably has a
bad feed point.  I decided to replace the 4 W2DU current baluns with
direct feed points and #43 material ferrite cores on the feed line.
According to my calculations, I would need about another 1' of RG59
transmission line to correct for the loss of the balun.  The question is
does the 1 foot extra include the length of coax under the cores or does
it exclude it????
Thanks.