[TowerTalk] Pull rope in PVC

Tower tower at charter.net
Thu Dec 23 00:20:21 EST 2004

I use a  1/8" nylon rope for a messenger cable.  If the job appears to need
a larger one then I pull that in with the 1/8".

I've never had the 1/8" kink even in 1/2" PVC with two 90 degree sweeps.
Never pull through a 90 degree elbow.
If you have more than two sweep 90s, or they are well away from either end
it wouldn't hurt to replace each 90 with a pair of 45s.

Use wire soap when making long pulls.  I've resorted to using dish soap
(without ammonia) when I didn't have any wire soap.  It makes the difference
between work and almost effortless.

Larger than necessary conduit also makes pulls easier, but don't forget the
soap unless it's a straight run.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com