[TowerTalk] Help! Need specific tower/ant. photos for Zoning Board

John WA2GO xnewyorka at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 01:22:28 EST 2004

Hi all,

I am filing a for a Building Permit in conjunction purchasing a great qth.
(21 hilltop acres at 41.7068N x 73.7543W)
The town has a 35' height restriction, but I think I can overcome it with
the help of PRB-1 and a very well-prepared application. (I am following
K1VR's book to the letter.)

I would like to include in my application some specific antenna photos that
simulate what I will be putting up.  If you have a hilltop qth on a wooded
hill, with a tower high enough to get your antennas above the treetops, but
the view of the tower(s) is mostly or completely obscured by trees, could
you please email me some photos of your antennas taken from known distances.

Ideally, what I would like is as many of the following as possible, labeled
so I can tell what they are:

a photo from 100' - 200' away
a photo taken from 400' - 500' away
a photo taken from 750' away
a photo taken from 1,000 ft away
a photo taken from 2,000' away
a photo taken from X' away, where X is the distance at which an eagle-eye
(or binoculars) can still see the antenna, or at least be "kind of, sort of"
able to tell that it was there, but with the naked eye you could BARELY be
able to tell it is there - it's so hard to see that you almost have to
imagine it. (And I need to know what x is.)

Ideally, the photos (and especially the long distance photos) would show the
tower/antennas as being very difficult to see.

Preferably Rohn 25G or 45G type tower or equivalent (let me know what type
it is.)
I am planning to apply for a 140' tower, a 120' tower, and a 100' tower, and
possible a 160M 4-square. (4x130').   You don't need to have all this though
- even one tower is fine.

I floated a 3' weather balloon up to 150' and took photos, so if you want to
see a photo of that for comparison to your situation, write me and I'll send
it to you.

Thanks in advance - it's for a good cause!!!

73,

John
WA2GO