[TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3 trap cleaning

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Mon Dec 27 08:19:00 EST 2004

On Nov 16, 2004, at 3:46 PM, asciibaron at comcast.net wrote:

> i tried to disassemble the driven element traps on my A3 lastnight,
> but feared breaking the black trap cap.  how does one remove the trap
> covers, i want to get them good and clean before i put the beam up
> tomorrow.

You slip the black trap caps off. If the traps have been up in the
weather for a while, it may be difficult to remove them without
breaking them. You can order replacement caps from Cushcraft. I think
they were $1.30 apiece when I last ordered them. When I refurbushed my
A3S in 2001, I replaced all all 24 caps.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901