[TowerTalk] Heathkit HD-1250

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Mon Dec 27 14:58:22 EST 2004

On Dec 26, 2004, at 5:40 AM, Juhani Viitala wrote:

> Has anyone experience to improve the output of Heathkit HD-1250 grid
> dip meter?

I've had very little luck trying to use my HD-1250 dipper.
(Technically, it is a gate dipper, since it uses a FET) I did have some
hygain traps from a AV-14 that dipped nicely, but my Cushcraft A3S
traps would not dip at all.

I think the HD-1250 needs tighter coupling to get a good dip than some
older tube-type dip meters.

> It looks to be very difficult to use it when tuning the shunt fet
> tower.

For my 80m shut feed on a 15m tower, I used an MFJ-259. Much easier
than trying to use a dip meter.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901