[TowerTalk] Rohn 25g ennginnering spec. 130 mph

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Dec 28 09:31:07 EST 2004

On Dec 8, 2004, at 2:12 PM, James Brennan wrote:

> I am looking for some engineering specs forRohnn 25g
> tower. I need the base diagram and wind load ratings
> that are the most up to date.  I need to show that it
> rates unloaded to 130mph with engineering specs and
> drawings to get a permit to put up this tower. I am
> only going 40 to 50 feet and bracketed to the house at
> 8'.

Rohn 25G can't do this. At 70 mph, a 40 foot tower bracketed at 8 feet
can only hold itself up, much less support any antennas. At 130 mph,
when the wind pressure is nearly four times greater, it would have all
blown away.

I doubt even 55G could hold up in this service.

The base diagrams and wind load ratings are all available in the Rohn
catalog.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901