[TowerTalk] Re: Slopers, half slopers, (using the tower)

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Wed Dec 29 19:07:42 EST 2004

>> That's why slopers worked against the tower should be called
>> sloppers instead of slopers.
>>
>> They are sloppy systems that generally, if they work at all,
>> work by good fortune rather than proper design.

What about treating the antenna as semi-vertical "L"
including the tower in the equation?

In my case one leg can be a 55 foot Rohn 25 tower, at 55 feet
I can directly/electrically attach a horizontal wire out another
80 feet to the feedpoint then another 135 feet to the far end
insulated by a tie rope up in a tree.

100+ feet of the horizontal section will go across a shallow
ravine thereby increasing the effective height at the
feedpoint.

Fed with open wire I am guessing this will be a decent
NVIS doublet/dipole antenna on 160 and 80 and an interesting
antenna for 40-10M.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
A blessed and joy-filled New Year to all!

West Central Florida  100% Linux.  Suse 9.2
Hallicrafters, Heathkit, Homebrew, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life: http://www.gospelcom.net/twr/
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!