[TowerTalk] climbing is risky business

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Feb 2 09:27:47 EST 2004

At 05:59 AM 2/2/04 -0800, N2MG wrote:
>You can find that photo in several places on the
>web... I'll bet this is it:
>
>http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.php/53a722f2/6c779727
>
>Actually, there needs to be three guys up there - one
>to take the photo. You can see his foot if you look
>for it!

And a very wide-angle lens.  I'm no expert on NY geography -- wonder if
anyone can identify the site from the streets and buildings.  I have a
hunch that there's a manlift inside the structure behind the corner
reflector.  D'you suppose they're looking for a bird's nest inside the
antenna element?  Maybe they need a plastic owl(?)

I may be in the minority, but weather aside, the climbing is the bad part
for me, not working at height.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 9 Jan 04
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm