[TowerTalk] new tower for W0RTT

Grillo's ah3c at frii.com
Sat Feb 14 13:49:44 EST 2004

Anyone -

I just got word back that Rohn is changing hands and their current delivery schedule is worrysome.  Can someone help me find a suitable tower?  I was planning on Rohn 45, 90' on a 5' base buried in concrete.  Top of tower will be SteppIR 4-el (9.5 cu ft wind load) and 2 element 40 about 6-8 feet above (not selected yet).  I would estimate total wind load will be around 20 sq ft.  I have selected the heavy duty Yaesu rotator for this using a 12' steel mast.   On the side of the tower will be another StepIR 4-el about 33' down the tower, just above the 2nd set of guy wires.  I was planning on using Philistran for the top set of guys and steel for the lower two guys.  Texas Towers has been very helpful to me in selecting these items and has most of them in stock, except for the tower.  Does anyone on this reflector have any ideas where I might find the tower and related parts?.  I have already sourced the steppIR antennas.

Maybe a tri-ex equivalent setup?

Thanks,
Pete