[TowerTalk] New Tower up With Some Issues 2L40 TH7

Don K5AQ donhall at myriad.net
Sun Feb 15 13:03:57 EST 2004

I likewise suffered a "world of hurt" on my MFJ259B when the local 10KW AM
station opened up less than a mile from me on 1620!!

I built a 9 section high pass filter from the October 1983 QST pp 17-19.

It allows reasonable measurements as long as they are near 50 ohms. Much
different impedances show increasing errors as you go away from there.

I also use it in the feedline of my RX antennas to keep the garbage down.
YMMV

73  Don  K5AQ