[TowerTalk] Comparison between Tailtwister and Yaesu G-1000SDX rotors

Charles Johnson k4zrj at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 16 11:54:33 EST 2004

I am going to put up a Hy-Gain TH7DX this spring, and would like to have opinions from those who have used both the Tailtwister and the Yaesu G-1000SDX rotors. Which one seems to be the better in terms of construction, reliability, overall quality of construction? The antenna will be one a 40' foot tower by itself. I suspect that either will turn the antenna without any issues, but would like some first hand opionions. I'm probably going to be buying a new one.

Thanks, 73, Charles, K4ZRJ